Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Privileges Restored

After losing my extra-special name badge since my last visit two years ago, I had to renew my reading privileges at the imposing and beautiful Huntington Library in San Marino.  There was a flurry of forms and initialing and signaturing and identification-showing, but the appointment proved a success.  I have been restored to my rightful place as a lowly reader who may enter the magic room and beg for quick views of highly classified and encrypted manuscripts concerning manly men who wore sombreros and camped out in the wild west of greater Phoenix.

I initialed some forms to the effect that I would take no photos of the magic room or of any fellow researchers.  This is a semi-official photo of the library itself.  More to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment