Monday, August 23, 2010

Not in Kansas Anymore

For the first time in what feels like my adult life, I flew - even with a mid-morning connecting flight at the dreaded O'Hare - and everything went correctly!  I arrived in LAX unscathed in early afternoon and adopted my new pet, my Prius.  She's silver.  Aside from a few scuffs on her front bumper (what kind of jerk?!%*&#?), she's snazzy.

Palm trees and sunshine and traffic abound!  Excited!  I drove immediately to the shore.

I aimed for Santa Monica, and actually started to choke up when I caught my first glimpse of the Pacific in over two years.  Is it possible that this place is always this beautiful?  Bought a snack and headed up to Topanga Beach in Malibu.  I sat on the dunes just above the water and watched the wading birds and the surfers battle it out until the sun set.  A perfect afternoon.


Someone else's picture of the exact spot I was enjoying
at Topanga Beach.  I just didn't feel much like taking pictures today.
But who wants to read a blog with no pictures?
Same exact spot.  Promise! 
In fact I can tell you that these people have made some changes to their
amazing balcony.  It now has a glass enclosure instead of railings.

No comments:

Post a Comment